GUESS 2013 advertising campaign
“The beauty of denim is its versatility – you can feel comfortable and sexy”
The Denim on Denim trend has been around for a while now and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon, and that’s why I love it so much: it’s timeless and it’s a classic.
If you’re looking for the ultimate effortlessly chic outfit this might be the right choice for you! We all know that denim is extremely comfortable and practical but is it always easy to put together? The answer is no, but not to worry, because with The Double Denim Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts that I put together for you, that’s about to change:
1. DO: Mix washes, have fun with different colors and shades. I love to pair dark wash skinny jeans with a lighter wash denim shirt, so simple yet so not boring.
2. DON’T: Use the same wash. Usually, when you combine two or more denim pieces with the same weight or wash, you end up looking less polished.
3. DO: Use subtle accessories, you already have too much going on with the different denim washes and shades. In this case, less is more.
4. DON’T: Go for big, bright jewelry, you want to draw attention to your outfit. If you opt for bolder accessories go easy on the denim; a simple denim dress with a big colorful necklace will look great.
5. DO: Baggy vs. Skinny, a baggy pair of jeans combined with a more fitted shirt will look amazing. The same goes for a pair of skinny jeans and a baggier denim shirt. Balance it out.
6. DON’T: Overdo it, baggy jeans and oversized shirts don’t always look great together. Although you should not be fooled by that, bear in mind that a good pair of skinny jeans looks amazing with a more fitted denim shirt.
7. DO: Go bold with accessories (uh oh contradiction alert!) but only if the denim pieces you’re wearing are similar in color. Just make sure they’re different in weight in order to keep a more polished look.
8. DON’T: Go crazy with the layers, they’re great but only if put together correctly. Try to pair a cute vest with a simple dress.
9. DO: Experiment, there’s basically no going wrong here, you just have to adjust things to your body type and personal liking. If you think you won’t pull it off give it a try anyway, you’ll be surprised.
10. DON’T: Get stuck in the comfort zone, this is a fun trend so have fun with it!
And there you have it. It’s not that complicated after all, is it? But if you’re still a little bit unsure of how to rock this trend you can always get inspired by some of my favorite Denim on Denim outfits below.
Personally, I’m obsessed with Zendaya’s outfit, she took it to perfection, but I also love Kylie’s and Miranda’s Double Denim combinations. All of these outfits are combined with really simple, subtle jewelry and accessories but we can definitely tell that all of these girls had a little fun with their shoes. You can explore this trend in so many different ways, have fun with it!
I hope you find this post helpful. I’d love to hear your opinions about it and what you’d like to see published in the future, please feel free to leave your comments.
*Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the pictures in this post. These are pictures that I found on pinterest and/or online that really inspired me to write this article for my blog. I’m not trying to take credit for any of these images.